Thursday 25 February 2010

...The Man Died

25 years ago, I lost my dad to the cold hands of death...the truth is I barely remember him and his image is pretty blurry in my mind's eyes...

I remember him poking my tummy and asking me what meal was there and I remember lying down on him and loving it when his voice vibrated through his chest...
I was told I was naughty from an early age and I got the whooping from him occasionally...call it selective memory but I can't remember that...

25years on, we remember him and I can't honestly say I miss him...can I be blamed?I was barely 6 when he died so who can blame me...
My sis said I missed out 'cos I wasn't born earlier but I choose to think he missed out 'cos he left too soon...but hey...we don't choose when we exit do we?...can't blame him for leaving so soon

I really hope he is in heaven...hell will be a nasty place to have been for the past 25yrs...life goes on...R.I.P Dada!

1 comment:

Jummy said...

Awww, I pray he's in heaven. He is the one who missed out on knowing the lovely woman you grew up to be (though not by choice). It's interesting to think how the short time you had with him may have impacted you.